Our Journey For A Little One

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

24 Weeks or 6 Months Pregnant :)

I've often read on other blogs that it is pretty easy to not update when things are going so well.....but I still read, think, and pray for everyone.

I am 24 weeks + 3 days as of today. I still can't believe it. There are times when my husband and I will stop and just stare at each other and say, "This is really happening"  and then giggle like little kids. What makes it more real is my growing belly. I am already huge and my sister continues to joke (seriously though), that I will be much bigger than her (and she is ready to pop any day now with baby # 2). The babies began kicking after our 21 week ultrasound, and their kicks and punches are getting more powerful. I asked my mom the other day if she wanted to feel the movement and she responded smiling, "That's okay, I can see it." I looked down to find that she was right, you can see them beating me up....and it's pretty awesome.

So far everything has been going pretty well. In the beginning I could not eat meat and had horrible migraines. Thanks to drinking plenty of fluids, the migraines are no more and now I want to eat everything in my path. I also have horrible heartburn at times, but milk and a teaspoon of extra virgin coconut oil daily really helps. I try to stay active by walking a half a mile or more every day. It doesn't seem like a lot, but with the extra belly weight it's difficult to breathe and I am already finding myself out of breath over simple tasks. Over the weekend I woke up to a numb and swollen left foot/ankle. I was terrified. All I kept thinking was that I would be put on bed rest or that I had a blood clot. An ultrasound at the hospital confirmed that all is well....that baby A is sitting on my major vein. Today, back to normal again! Phew!

The nursery is coming along and we have officially registered for our baby shower (many thanks to current mamas and twin mamas for the advice). I'm definitely getting more excited and less nervous as each week passes. Even more exciting is the fact that both of my sisters are also pregnant and we are all due within three months of each other. It was a little hard to hear at first, that they were able to get pregnant so easily and so quickly, while we struggled for so hard and so long. BUT, just picturing the four of them being able to grow up together.....well, it just makes me smile.

Also, I was going through my "IVF drawer" and discovered that I still have a bunch of meds and needles of various sizes. I would love to find someone who could really use these, they're not cheap and I hate to see them go to waste. If you read this and you're interested in my supply, leave a comment below. I would love to give them to you.

Until next time....

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment