Our Journey For A Little One

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Another Delay.....

So my FET was suppose to happen next week. Key word: suppose. Ha!

After my estradiol continue to climb...from 384 to 417 (baseline is suppose to be at 50 in order to proceed), my nurse suggested that I probably had a cyst growing on my ovary and that they would more than likely have to drain it. "Don't worry, it's kind of like an egg retrieval." What?!?!? Egg retrieval? Those hurt like a bitch!

So after a pity party and some crying...and wondering why and more praying... I pulled my shit together and put it in god's hands. Worrying and crying were not going to change the outcome. Besides, I wanted to have a great weekend. So I did.

On our 2.5 hour drive to the fertility clinic I was calm....super calm. An hour before my procedure I popped my Motrin, an antibiotic, and a Valium they had prescribed. I LOVE Valium. OMG. I could not stop laughing. Everything was funny. I almost fell over in the parking lot ( I am such a light weight), I thought that was funny too. My hubby could not stop laughing at me either. I'm sure we looked like a couple of fools walking into the clinic, but everything was just so damn funny.

So we saw it, a 5 mm cyst on the ultrasound screen. My doctor drained it and yes, it hurt like a bitch (of course the Valium was wearing off by now....not so funny)  BUT, now it's time to move forward and we are all pretty excited about that....even if it delays this process by two more weeks and that means two more weeks of shots.

This waiting game is mentally and physically exhausting.


No comments:

Post a Comment