Our Journey For A Little One

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Exploding Ice Packs

I can hardly walk. I am currently icing my sore buttocks as the Oil in Progesterone shots have given me knots in my cheeks (I feel like I have gum balls knotted in my muscles). I called my nurse today and she told me this OIP shot that I'm taking has given a lot of ladies cellulitis. Sweet! So, I ordered new meds and they're on their way....sesame seed OIP is the best way to go apparently.

Other than that, I feel great! Really, I do! Today some of my students asked me why I was walking funny, so I told them I fell. I whipped out some ice packs and told them I was going to ice my behind. If you know any fourth graders, you know how easily entertained they are and that they find almost anything hysterical. So during free write, some of them decided to write some hilarious stories as to how I wiped out. Not gonna lie, their stories were pretty enjoyable to read. I think the best part (for them) was when my ice pack exploded and it looked like I wet myself. I can only imagine the topic of conversation at their dinner tables tonight. You have to find the humor, right?

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment