Our Journey For A Little One

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Shots! Shots! Shots! Shots! Shots!

Sorry Little John, now when I hear your song....I think of needles.
                           
Our first IVF protocol required me to take a cocktail of shots, such as; Follitism, Menopur, Ganirelix, Pregnyl, and the dreaded Progesterone shots (those needles are huge). These shots were sometimes taken 2 to 3 times a day between 6-8 in the morning and at night as well.

Being on a schedule didn't bother me.

The bruises didn't bother me.

The shots itself didn't bother me.

I really had no side effects from these shots (although the hubby might argue I was extra emotional). Lupron? These are the tiniest shots I've had to use for this protocol and it is miserable. Although the hubby is a pro now at giving the shots, my skin has toughened and it is difficult to even get a needle into my belly. I'm bruised a little, but that doesn't bother me. What bothers me are the migraines that I have been getting from this drug. The migraines knock me off my feet and I'm usually bedridden for hours with an ice pack on my head, trying not to vomit. I now also understand what hot flashes are all about. I'm shivering with my heating pad one minute, then the next minute I'm ripping my clothes off because I'm sweating to death. Miserable.

Mom, I get it now. On so many levels.

19 more days.

I can do it.







No comments:

Post a Comment